Graphic Design, Public Relations, Search Marketing, Social Media, Video
DP World London Gateway
DP World London Gateway, a deep-water port in South Essex, wished to recruit 50 Terminal Operatives to drive a variety of cranes and operate other heavy plant machinery to move goods from ship to shore. The ‘super-port’ had women firmly in its sights, to ensure its workforce was as diverse as possible and to challenge the stereotypical view of what it is like to work at a port.
What we did
Mosaic was appointed to advertise the positions available to a local demographic, build the DP World London Gateway social media channels and communicate the opportunities at the port.
We used digital marketing channels including Facebook advertising to promote job opportunities at the port and implemented a content strategy using a series of short videos, featuring current employees – with a focus on females, to portray a real essence of ‘port life’.
An overarching PR strategy helped to position DP World London Gateway as a desirable employer and put them at the forefront of the maritime industry by encouraging more females to consider a career in the sector.
- Eight videos featuring current staff at the port
- Facebook marketing campaign
- Facebook ‘boosted post’ advertising
- Social media engagement
- Google ads
- Launch press release
- Paid advertorials in local newspapers
- 184,495 reach from Facebook ads & boosted posts combined
- 143% increase in page views over 16 days
- 15 articles in trade press and local publications (online & print)
- 36,088 Google ad impressions
PLUS AN INCREDIBLE 700 JOB APPLICATIONS