BACK-END WEB DEVELOPER
Full-time, permanent, Colchester, Essex
Mon-Fri 09:00 – 17:00
Mosaic is a results-driven digital marketing agency, with a hard-working positive team and an enviable project portfolio.
We are seeking an experienced Back-end web developer to work closely with our Front-end developers and wider digital marketing team on our website projects, to help us further develop the services we offer to our clients.
You will need a good knowledge of WordPress site building, theming, configuration and plugin development and you will be required to write clean, logical, well-documented and re-usable code for WordPress websites.
- Good knowledge of WooCommerce/Ecommerce solutions
- Good knowledge of Angular, React, Vue or any other JS frameworks
- Good knowledge of mobile app development
- Experience of APIs and data migration
- Performance – familiarity with both client-side and server-side web optimisation techniques
- Knowledge of domain and server management and setting up hosting
- Experience working with GIT or any other version of source control
- Excellent analytical and time management skills
- Ability to troubleshoot
- Excellent communication skills
- Ability and dedication to work to tight deadlines
- Forward thinking – staying up-to-date with latest industry developments
- Efficient and organised
- Teamwork skills with a problem-solving attitude
QUALIFICATIONS & EXPERIENCE:
- Proven work experience as a Back-end developer
- In-depth understanding of the entire web development process (design, development and deployment)
- Graduate level – BSc degree in Computer Science or relevant field preferred
We were established in 2000 and are celebrating our 21st anniversary. We have a well-spaced open-plan office on Severalls Lane in Colchester, easily accessible by car and public transport (with a bus stop outside).
There are restaurants and pubs on the doorstep (once normal life resumes!). We also have a kitchen, eating area and boardroom for meetings.
Our 11-strong team is hugely talented and highly experienced and we work at a fast pace on lots of different projects, with a very wide client base.
We also like giving back to the community, whether through supporting the local arts scene, giving talks, mentoring young people, sponsoring activities or raising money for charity.
Join our creative and fun working environment and your input will have a direct contribution towards the company’s success. In return you will benefit from:
- Flexible hours, including the option to work from home up to two days a week
- A competitive salary
- Contributory pension scheme
- Team-building trips overseas
- Regular staff social events including annual barbecue and Christmas party
- Opportunity for free theatre tickets via Mosaic’s corporate subscription to the Mercury Theatre
- A financial bonus scheme for bringing in new clients
- Mosaic Academy training including extensive in-house training
- Relaxed dress code
- Onsite parking
- Time off between Christmas and New Year
To apply please email your CV and covering note to Gemma Rawlinson on email@example.com.